Friday, October 14, 2011


UPS calling 


I’m a little irritated at Amy.  Yesterday Lindsay was talking to Amy on the phone and telling her that Mark has nicknamed me The Turtle because I like to stay in my box and only occasionally poke my head out.  So?  What’s the big deal? I like it in my box. It’s not a crime. But Amy told her that a good way to get me out of my box is to knock on the wall and pretend to be calling out “Hello!” to the UPS man.  Man, I hate that!  I hate that stupid word “Pavlovian.”  Most of the time I know perfectly well that it’s not really the UPS man, but somehow I can’t stop myself from imagining the smell of cardboard boxes, that brown uniform . . . . grrrrrh!  Bite him, bite him! Then I have to deal with the disappointment that there’s no UPS man and the humilation that I’ve been tricked yet again.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Wolly,
    I guess that fake knocking for the UPS man is a mean trick,,, sorry about that. The UPS man did come yesterday (for real). You would have hated it but loved it at the same time too I'm sure. He came while I was taking a nap and I didn't even hear him. I know you wouldn't have been so careless as to let him leave packages undetected!

    Peter walked for one hour yesterday with his walker and didn't want to stop so before you know it we'll be able to go for family walks again like we did before.

    Keep being a good dog! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete