Sunday, October 9, 2011

When am I going to wake up?





Yesterday a couple of assaults were made on my person. First Mark decided to brush me, which bummed me out in a supreme fashion. Then, after a pleasant walk in the woods, Lindsay gave me a rinse in the stream. After my initial objections, I realized it was actually rather refreshing.

At naptime I decided to make my move. It has slowly become clear to me that I am not allowed to jump on the sofas, although this seems nonsensical to me, and I had a strong suspicion that I was also not allowed on the bed. However when I saw Lindsay settling down for a cosy nap on the bed, I was sure I could convince her that my presence would be a welcome addition, and I took a flying leap onto her chest. O sad moment! She did not want me there. I felt so bereft that I let Mark, the evil brusher, comfort me with a little pat.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ollie, This sounds like an action packed day, I know how you feel about brushing but it's a cold hard fact of life... did you get a treat after this ordeal like you do at home? Not every dachshund gets a small treat after being brushed but maybe if you give them your doleful look they will give you one. We miss you and are glad you like swimming, who knew? See what you can learn from your cousins! Never mind about the bed, don't take it personally. House rules vary from house to house. Im glad you are being taken care of so well. You'd hate it here, no good smells at all, just lots of disinfectant. Peter's getting better.

    ReplyDelete